News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

KokBox Parts and General Hello

Started by The Future Process, January 27, 2011, 11:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Future Process

I'm not really a noob, but I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone can help me with some links to mouser parts for the Kokbox. I have a lot to do, and it would save me some time. Besides, I would do it for you!

Rizer of The Future Process

brainbender

You should try Pedalparts Plus, Small Bear or Banzai (Germany). 8)
Cheers!

morelius21

you can in Musikding (Germany) too.

cheers

jkokura

I remember reading this the first time and thinking that it isn't that hard to search mouser for parts. But honestly, this isn't the sort of thing people should be asking about. If you have a part you're not sure about, link and ask is fine. But part of the deal with buying madbean PCBs is the DIY part - including part sourcing.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

The Future Process

Ok, fair enough.
I Just thought that since someone else here had already built this, they might have their part info still.
It's fun to build things, but I am building this for a working band, not just for fun!
I have a couple specific questions:
1. Do I use 1/8 or 1/4 watt resistors for this?
2. Is the cap spacing 5mm?
3. How do I get my "Diode Destroyer" Rating Changed; it's embarrassing.

gtr2

• Xicon General or Hi-Temp radial electrolytic caps, 25v
• Xicon carbon metal film resistors, ¼W
• Panasonic ECQ-V or WIMA box caps, 25v or above (5mm spacing works great)

Post more and you'll move through the ranks..

Most of the members on the forum buy for more than one build at a time so "build lists" don't really exist and unfortunately parts usually have to be purchased from numerous sources.  There are a few builds where you could get by with just a mouser order but not many.  Plus it's not a good way to make friends asking for favors before you do the same  ;D  Why not just buy a used one if your that short on time?

O yeah welcome to the forum!!!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

The Future Process

Thanks, I appreciate the parts help.
Yeh, Mouser Sucks for a lot of stuff, but it's a vendor that everyone knows.
The reason I build instead of buy is simple: quality. I don't see any reason to give companies top dollar for crappy products.
I can't wait to play with the Kokbox, the lack of source resistors is interesting, and reminiscent of the Shredmaster, in that it squares the wave pretty hard.(Even though the Shred uses a CMOS chip to achive its gain)
Anyway it's gonna be fun.

BTW, who is the genius saving me from etching my own pcbs, or using *yuk* perfboard? The circuit board I bought looks pretty high quality, and what attracted me here was the quality of designs that they work on. So who(m)ever is responsible, thanks!

RzR of The Future Process

ckim715

That would be Brian, madbean himself. Welcome to the forum!
-Charlie