News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mad Bean Forum Tribute Screamer (PICTURES FIXED!!!)

Started by DutchMF, June 18, 2013, 07:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted a proper build report, so it's nice to be back with something to present to you all. I got some more stuff that is near finished, but little time to actually build at the moment, damn day job!!  >:(

This is the MBFTS, or Mad Bean Forum Tribute Screamer. I tried to incorporate as much stuff I've got through the forum as possible, as a big 'Thank You!!!' to all the nice folks here! This is for all of you, and here is the list:
-Mad Bean Greenbean board
-Lighted pot+board from DuctTapeRiot
-Enclosure from colesbd
-Diodes from Chromesphere and Midwayfair
-caps from monkeyssj1
-Tips, tricks, inspiration and info from a list of members to long to write down.......

And here she is.........
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

The only mods I made are jumpering the BRIGHT switch, converted the FAT switch to a MORE GAIN switch (let's me choose between the standard 4k7/47n combo or a 1k/220n combo. The latter gives way more gain while keeping the original clipping frequency) and I used a 500kA pot for the Gain. I usually run the gain pretty low, so this gives me some more fine control in that part of the pot travel. And to make it really easy on myself, all the switches and pots are wired instead of board mounted......  ;)

Diodes are 3 NOS 1N4148's for the asym side and 2 OA126's for the sym side, IC is a TLC2272, which I like a lot so far. Took it to rehearsal last night and it sounds pretty good. With the gain low, volume up and the 4148's it slams the crunch channel of my Marshall quite nicely, thank you! With the gain at max, the MORE GAIN switch set to 'Stun' and the OA126's, it tore the clean channel of my amp apart! Not an especially nice sound, but cool to have for sure! Maybe some tweaking of the diodes and IC can improve this.....

Anyway, thanks for looking, and remember, this ones for all of you! I've got a special idea for something I'm going to do with it.......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

soldersqueeze

billstein

midwayfair

DutchMF

Damn! I've been having a really bad time with ImageShack as of late..... I'll try to correct this ASAP, but not now..... Been out for some drinks with Mrs. Dutch tonight, now it's time for bed! Sorry....

Paul

DutchMF

Ok, couldn't stand this, so I gave it a shot with my slightly drunken brain.... Guess what, it worked! The new ImageShack sucks, BTW....... Hope you all will look again!

Paul

croquet hoop

I'm glad you worked the code out, this pedal is definitely worth a look! I have two of these enclosures waiting on a shelf, your first picture really brings out how good they look. I like the innards too, really clean, especially with the heatshrink.

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

fendman

Yes, nice pedal Paul :) great to see a new build from you 8)

Mike

ch1naski

Paul, you Dutch M*****F*****!
Nice build. I'm a sucker for hammertone.
one louder.

midwayfair

Silver vein? What is that finish, it's !@#!ing awesome.

spaceboss

slimtriggers

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

midwayfair

Did you try the BA100s instead of the OA126s? They have a smoother sound that would probably complement the TS better than the OA126 (which have a more ragged/angry breakup). They have approximately the same Fv, which is a little higher than the stock 1N4148s.