News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A reasonably dull Stage Fright build

Started by soldersqueeze, June 15, 2013, 11:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

Nope, it won't win the monthly contest but I thought I'd post it here because it's such a good sounding phaser I had to give props to Brian.

and here is that $2000 custom relic-job I'm doing for a TGP member...

Probably the easiest "expert" level build in the range- just plug in the parts and go :) It seems to phase throughout most of the trimpot travel, so I just left it somewhere it sounds sweet. Highly recommended!

das234

Nice try, but I've seen WAYYYY duller than that!  ;D

Can't wait to build mine.

spaceboss

Yeah that's not dull.

That build has kind a a scary sort of IED feel to it. In the alternative, it looks like it could be the control box for re-animating that guitar.

soldersqueeze

Quote from: das234 on June 15, 2013, 01:21:32 PM

I edited the title- seems I can't even excel at being dull  ;D

Quote from: spaceboss on June 15, 2013, 03:46:30 PM

That build has kind a a scary sort of IED feel to it. In the alternative, it looks like it could be the control box for re-animating that guitar.

Definitely the best review of a pedal I've ever received. It was a last minute decision to use this layout but I knida dig it

alanp

That strat body looks like it's been left sitting outside a bush hut in the wopwops for fifty years. I'd be scared of getting some kind of bacterial or fungal infection just by touching it!

Agree on the pedal, though, it does have kind of a IRA/Taliban look to it :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

billstein

Quote from: alanp on June 15, 2013, 07:35:39 PM
That strat body looks like it's been left sitting outside a bush hut in the wopwops for fifty years. I'd be scared of getting some kind of bacterial or fungal infection just by touching it!

When we lived in England we had a shed in the garden that reminds me of.

soldersqueeze

Quote from: alanp on June 15, 2013, 07:35:39 PM

It's actually only been one year, but I do live on the North West coast of the UK- the weather can get pretty brutal :) The body died a weird death- it was a friend's first electric guitar and the body just gave out at the trem while he was tuning up. Big old chunk of wood with the bridge attached just snapped out.
Poor dude is still terrified every time he tunes his strat  ???  We keep it in the garden as a testament to a fallen instrument of rock.

fendman

Quote from: das234 on June 15, 2013, 01:21:32 PM

Can't wait to build mine.

Haha...You must be referring to me, as I had only one rely on my stage fright build :'( So I hold the record for having the dullest SF build :P

Mike