News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

IPad Apps Suggestions

Started by hoodoo, June 13, 2013, 10:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all Matt here, I've just been dragged, kicking and screaming into this century, just bought an Ipad 4. Very cool bit of kit so far.Never had one before so.................
I was looking for suggestions for Apps that you guys use or recommend for  electronics/recording/guitar/music related, or anything else that you think is worth looking at, thanks, Matt. 8)

Matt

Circuit Playground is one that I use all the time.  It shows resistor color codes, has a rc filter calculator and a few other things.
Matt

midwayfair

Garage Band.

Also, a friend of mine sent me some stuff recorded and mixed in this, and it sounded pretty good:
http://harmonicdog.com/

Meanwhile, those of us with Androids continue to have nothing even remotely decent.

raulduke

If you are into Drum Machines check out iMaschine, or the Korg EA1 for iPad.

Both are really fun (I especially like the iMaschine on my iPhone).

jubal81

I use iBooks for Build docs and data sheets. You can organize them into collections.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

RobA

Quote from: midwayfair on June 13, 2013, 12:55:11 PM
Meanwhile, those of us with Androids continue to have nothing even remotely decent.
I looked into porting some my audio software to Android. There is potential there. The problem is that Android's audio latency really makes doing any musical audio useless. If they can get that issue fixed, you'll see a bunch of apps hit the market.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

RobA

Quote from: jubal81 on June 13, 2013, 01:21:41 PM
I use iBooks for Build docs and data sheets. You can organize them into collections.
I hadn't thought of putting data sheets on there. That's a good idea. I have been using it for some schematics. I've been using GoodReader for that and I think it works nicely.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

drezdn

Some of the music apps can get really expensive... So I have an app called appshopper that tells me when expensive amps I'm interested in buying go on sale. Great for Korg, Moog, Amplitude and other music apps.

jimilee

I use eTools Legacy for resistor stuffs also
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

I heard of a ipad program that can photograph boards, and identify resistor values itself. But I don't have an ipad and don't bother remembering, sorry.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

drezdn

I try to transfer build docs to dropbox and then open them on my ipad or nook instead of printing them out. Then I end up printing them out anyways, because I like to check parts off as I add them.

irmcdermott

Quote from: drezdn on June 13, 2013, 05:48:21 PM
I try to transfer build docs to dropbox and then open them on my ipad or nook instead of printing them out. Then I end up printing them out anyways, because I like to check parts off as I add them.

check out iAnnotate or another PDF markup editor. You can cross things out as you go if you open them into that app. I save everything to drop box, open in iAnnotate, and mark it up to no end.

AllenM

For learning new songs I went ahead and bought Anytune Pro+. One of the few Apps / Programs I have found that actually works when trying to tune the song to the key I play in. Also cool since it accesses all my music on my iPad and I have my collection up in the cloud.

Also found one called Achording which searches for guitar TABs from multiple on-line sites.

AllenM

hoodoo

Thanks for the tips guys, i'll check 'em out, Matt.

Matt

Quote from: jimilee on June 13, 2013, 04:55:06 PM
I use eTools Legacy for resistor stuffs also

Very cool app!  Much better than circuit playground.
Matt