News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cupcake Compressor

Started by mshuptar, June 12, 2013, 04:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshuptar

Hey everybody! Here's my Cupcake compressor. I had a botched enclosure (the drilling is about 1/4" off center) and was like, "well, I should put something in there." Everything is stock. This definitely adds some "oomph" to my Tele. I also recorded a short demo. Enjoy!

Outside:

Inside:  

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FblmCf66goI

Sorry for the blurry pics - they didn't look so bad when I took them with my phone.

Parra

nice paint job. i like it a lot.

jimilee

That is very cool. Is it really that noisy, or was something else going on there?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mshuptar

Quote from: Parra on June 12, 2013, 06:46:35 PM
nice paint job. i like it a lot.

Thanks! My sister drew it with a Sharpie. However, I should have clear-coated it because it smeared a little as I was dry-fitting the off-board components. 

Quote from: jimilee on June 12, 2013, 06:52:46 PM
That is very cool. Is it really that noisy, or was something else going on there?

I assume that the hum is a combination of my cheap adaptor (Visual Sound 1-Spot) and that particular outlet in my house (my amp sometimes picks up radio signals when it's plugged into that outlet). Any suggestions for reducing that hum?

jimilee

Quote from: jimilee on June 12, 2013, 06:52:46 PM

I assume that the hum is a combination of my cheap adaptor (Visual Sound 1-Spot) and that particular outlet in my house (my amp sometimes picks up radio signals when it's plugged into that outlet). Any suggestions for reducing that hum?
[/quote]
Better adapter and a different outlet?  :P     But seriously I'd try that first before you go building a decimator,although those are cool too!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

Very cool graphics man!  :o

lincolnic

jprizz

Your sister's artwork is fantastic! I really like the look of this a lot.

slimtriggers

Really love that graphic!  8)