News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nashville-style OD Madbean kit?

Started by Pedro Fontacos, June 12, 2013, 03:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro Fontacos

Hi all.  I was just curious to know if there is any PCB/project that existed on the Madbean site for a type of overdrive pedal that's got that "Nashville" sound?Fat, thick and hairy but still retains the tone of the guitar.  Any ideas?

GermanCdn

I'd pair up a fatpants (madbean) with a clippership (midwayfair) or jacob's expandora circuit (jmkpedals).  Put an afterlife or a bearhug in front of it, or an et if you want a real chicken picking tone.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

midwayfair

Quote from: Pedro Fontacos on June 12, 2013, 03:08:47 AMFat, thick and hairy but still retains the tone of the guitar.

A stock Kingslayer should be quite good for that sound with both sets of clipping diodes on. Skip to the 10:00 mark in this demo -- I pretty much max out the gain on it, which is more than you should need: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhIaAnOL2QU

apollo

Nobels ODR-1 is a great Nashville overdrive. Maybe Madbean will create a project for it.

eldanko

I'd consider the Sparkplug as well. Very versatile and pretty darn transparent. Sounds great with my Tele.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense