News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mxr dist plus pcb layout

Started by das234, June 11, 2013, 05:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

I want to try etching my first PCB on something simple so I decided to make the MXR distortion plus.  Now I need the PCB layout so I can print and etch it.  It seems like all the build docs I find for that circuit don't allow me to cut/paste/resize the image to the correct dimensions.  Does anyone have just the pcb layout that I can pop into a Word document and resize it for printing?  Anyone? 

das234

I found one on GGG that should work.  I just have to double check the components on it.

rullywowr

PCB layouts are best printed in PDF (which prints actual size) or resized with a program like Inkscape (free).  This helps preserve the original size and resolution.  I wouldn't use Word, personally.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

das234

Thanks.  My Adobe scaling was set wrong so it didn't print the right size the first time so I figured why not copy them to a word doc and then I can size them and print several on the same page if I want.   It does seem like getting the EXACT size by using the pdf is most important.

rullywowr

Quote from: das234 on June 13, 2013, 10:33:39 PM
Thanks.  My Adobe scaling was set wrong so it didn't print the right size the first time so I figured why not copy them to a word doc and then I can size them and print several on the same page if I want.   It does seem like getting the EXACT size by using the pdf is most important.

Glad to help.  I think this is a great approach.  Most of the sizes of blank PCB can fit at least 4 circuits on them without a problem.  I usually open the PDF in inkscape, duplicate the image (CTRL+D) and then just place 4 side by side to fit the copper clad I am working with.  This gives you spares or helps out if one of the transfers gets botched up.  The allignment tools (SHIFT+CTRL+A) in Inkscape are awesome for getting everything lined up great.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!