News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stage Fright

Started by fendman, June 11, 2013, 09:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendman

Got round to building this phaser and it is a joy to do.  I did run out of 39k resistors so I used 33k for R29,R31,R34. It is really smooth...will put 39k in there when I get them. Might be interesting to see if it makes any difference.

There is a distinct difference when you go from 5 to 6 on the dpdt switch, its like a brighter clean sound on 6 and the other side 5  is darker..hard to describe but sounds good.

I did a practice graphic on the base plate, and then did the front more or less the same, photography always seems to give back different colours of the enclosures and this one is no exception.

Hope you get round to building the Stage Fright its worth it :)

Mike

jvg13

Very nice Mike!  I thought with the Hendrix pic you may have opted for the Uni Vibe cap values mod.

das234

Dull.  Really, really dull.   ;)

Nice job!  That's a tight squeeze in that box eh? 

alanp

I love your lettering. I'm a bit of a sucker for that hand-done lettering that looks like it belongs on a home made poster that's been photocopied (photostat, if you're old) a few times :)

What do you think of the sound? I thought that the Stage Fright sounded very vocal, very 'talky'.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

fendman

Hey you guys, I will lose my dullest title now ;D
Quote from: das234 on June 16, 2013, 03:27:38 AM
Dull.  Really, really dull.   ;)

Nice job!  That's a tight squeeze in that box eh? 

Hey Dave, yeh you are right ...it was touch and go to get the jacks in there. I don't normally put the jack skts that far in, but I had to as the jack tip was hitting the stompswitch .

Quote from: jvg13 on June 11, 2013, 05:55:56 PM
Very nice Mike!  I thought with the Hendrix pic you may have opted for the Uni Vibe cap values mod.

Hi jvg, no I didn't bother with the mod, from what Brian said. It didn't seem worth it.

Quote from: alanp on June 16, 2013, 04:48:49 AM
I love your lettering. I'm a bit of a sucker for that hand-done lettering that looks like it belongs on a home made poster that's been photocopied (photostat, if you're old) a few times :)

What do you think of the sound? I thought that the Stage Fright sounded very vocal, very 'talky'.

Hey alanp thanks for the kind words :) I was quite surprised with the sound of the SF...it doesn't really sound like Brians, like you say it is vocal and quite talky, I have the speed set around 1300hr and the balls right round,full on.  Its saying wow and yah really nice sound its not harsh its really melodic, just a great phaser.
I seem to be building alot of them lately, I just got the doppelganger (Lacesensor board) working this morning that has been a bit of a nightmare, I got the ldr's from futurlec which took forever to arrive, so with the main board working I can add the off board switches and skts now and get it finished at some point 8)

alanp

Quote from: fendman on June 16, 2013, 12:00:43 PM
I seem to be building alot of them lately, I just got the doppelganger (Lacesensor board) working this morning that has been a bit of a nightmare, I got the ldr's from futurlec which took forever to arrive, so with the main board working I can add the off board switches and skts now and get it finished at some point 8)

Looking forward to seeing your finished Dopp, and seeing what you think of the two in comparison :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website