News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tremolo with shape control?

Started by Pedro Fontacos, June 06, 2013, 09:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro Fontacos

Hi all, will there ever be a Madbean tremolo with shape circuit?  I built a GGG EA Trem and like it except for 2 things.

1. Too compressed sounding
2. No shape control for a nice "chop"

I ended up buying a Boss TR-2 because it didn't have the compression issue and has a shape knob.  The pedal more than gets the job done but I know it can be better.....at least I think so.  Any ideas?

madbean

Yes. I'm working on it right now as a matter of fact. You will be able to select triangle, square and sine waves. Plus, another really cool trick.

Pedro Fontacos

Quote from: madbean on June 06, 2013, 09:11:56 PM
Yes. I'm working on it right now as a matter of fact. You will be able to select triangle, square and sine waves. Plus, another really cool trick.

I'm very excited to hear, is there a time frame in mind or is it still too early to tell?

madbean

I can't say a release date for sure, but I would expect pretty soon. I just figured out the last little bug on it today so I'm ready to prototype it. It will be called the "Phobos". It also has dynamic control over the trem rate, which is pretty fun.

Pedro Fontacos

Quote from: madbean on June 06, 2013, 09:23:59 PM
I can't say a release date for sure, but I would expect pretty soon. I just figured out the last little bug on it today so I'm ready to prototype it. It will be called the "Phobos". It also has dynamic control over the trem rate, which is pretty fun.

Dynamic control over the rate?  That sounds awesome.  I'm guessing there will be a sensitivity knob for this?  Can't wait to see the build doc!  Good luck with the prototype 😊

madbean

Yes, it has a knob that controls the sensitivity from pretty much off to wacko. It's a really fun trick.

gordo

Damn you, you're like the soldering iron version of blue balls...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Matt

Matt