News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stereo Effects Help

Started by REPTAR, May 31, 2013, 09:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REPTAR

I have a couple of pedals that I don't use in my main setup, so I was thinking of building a mini pedalboard rig for my keyboard.  My keyboard is actually just a midi/usb controller for my computer, so the sound comes from the computer (trs).  I could probably set it up by just splitting the signal and running two channels. Basically I'd have one side going through a string of pedals, and the other side going through another.  But I think I'd rather try a stereo setup rather than dual mono (hope I used that terminology correctly).  So does anyone know how I could build a pedal for stereo instead of mono?  Would it require building 2 of the same pedal in one? Buffered splitter on the input and output?

jimilee

It would require a stereo pedal circuit, otherwise,yeah it's dual mono. 2 pedals would sort of be dual mono also. They wouldn't work with each other to split the signal.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

REPTAR

hmm... what about some type of stereo to mono conversion?

jimilee

Quote from: REPTAR on June 01, 2013, 02:13:21 AM
hmm... what about some type of stereo to mono conversion?
Stereo to mono conversion would still require the original signal to be stereo? You can get a mono splitter 1 to 2 like a cable from radio shack.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

REPTAR

I mean use like a patch bay before the pedals to convert the stereo from the keyboard/pc to mono so I could use regular pedals.  Just need a schematic for stereo to mono I guess.

jimilee

Oh I got you.you can just get a stereo to mono adapter,for a buck and a half.

REPTAR