News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mouser and Smallbear Praise (and PPP too)

Started by jkokura, May 28, 2013, 05:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I just wanted to share some stories. Yes, that's right, It's story time with Jacob.

So I placed a Mouser order last week. On May 23rd actually, so Thursday. It was in the afternoon, and as soon as I hit submit, I remembered a part I had forgotten to add. Crap. So I pulled up the 800 number, got a person right away, and had them try to add that part to the order. Too late, so she simply submitted a new order and gave me free shipping. No big deal. Both packages were sent out same day, and arrived on Monday, so 2 business day service. That's what you get with $20 shipping to Canada.

I also placed an order with Smallbear last Monday night, so they would have gotten it on Tuesday morning. That same day, the sent out my order (admittedly small and easy). It arrived this morning, so I got 5 business day service from Smallbear as well. I know it's not super fast to some of you, but things rarely arrive that quickly to me here in Canada, and I'm used to 3-4 week waits on most packages I order, so that was pretty rad.

Also, I'll add that I recently made a big order with Pedal Parts Plus. In the process, I've had to deal with their customer service a bit, and decided to place a call with them. You guys should know that they highly, highly value the DIY community. They're working to make things better for, us, and are highly committed to giving us good service. I'm super glad to be their customer, even when things take long.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

croquet hoop

It's nice to read this, since I am planning to place a substantial (for me at least) order at both of them.

billstein

And then there is Futurlec. I hope I haven't died of old age by the time I get the order I placed from them.  >:(

GrindCustoms

Mouser did the same thing for me once too, nice folks over there.

The shipping time you got from SmallBear is truly impressive...never got nothing in less than 3 weeks.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

atreidesheir

I use SmallBear, Pedal Parts Plus, and Tayda.  I buy the bulk stuff from tayda (diodes, caps and pots, knobs).  Pedals Parts PLus is my enclosure connection.  and SmallBear is my specialty source (low gain silicon, wah parts, small transformers, fuzz pots).
They are all great, friendly, and reliable in my experience.  I think it is great Canadian post is being so accommodating.  I am fortunate to live in DIY paradise.
I have not used Mouser in over a year.  They are also great to do business with, but my needs are met from the other sellers. 
I buy resistors and ceramic cap lots from ebay.  I may try switches the ladies like.  The shipping is a nice in the lower 48.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

GrindCustoms

Quote from: atreidesheir on May 28, 2013, 10:28:09 PM
I use SmallBear, Pedal Parts Plus, and Tayda.  I buy the bulk stuff from tayda (diodes, caps and pots, knobs).  Pedals Parts PLus is my enclosure connection.  and SmallBear is my specialty source (low gain silicon, wah parts, small transformers, fuzz pots).
They are all great, friendly, and reliable in my experience.  I think it is great Canadian post is being so accommodating.  I am fortunate to live in DIY paradise.
I have not used Mouser in over a year.  They are also great to do business with, but my needs are met from the other sellers. 
I buy resistors and ceramic cap lots from ebay.  I may try switches the ladies like.  The shipping is a nice in the lower 48.

Be carefull with some of the bitches switch, in lots of 50 i ran over couple bad ones, misalligned poles or threaded shaft...or throw with no connectivity.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

soldersqueeze

+1 praise for Mouser- their shipping to the UK is freakishly quick, much faster than ordering from Banzai or Musikding even though those two are based in Europe  ???
The one time I ordered from smallbear I forgot I placed the order by the time it got here, close to a month later...

gtr2

So I'm guessing your ladies did not like their switches Grind :(
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

BraindeadAudio

Smallbear rules. I just set up a pretty big deal with 4site, Jacob is the man.