News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help me with my Mudbunny Project

Started by funkylowtones, May 28, 2013, 09:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkylowtones

Hello Everyone,

I am a newb at Madbean projects and I need a little help.

I build the Mudbunny (Green Russian specs) and signal passes through the circuit but it sounds super hot, and I am getting a weird feedback through it. The tone knob has the most effect, cranked up it brings a loud, what I could described as a sine wave type distortion that grows in intensity as the knob is rotated.

Anyone know what is going on?

I have check all the passives, and diodes, right numbers and orientations. Checked for solder errors and it all seems to be clean. My thoughts are that it is with the transistors, I checked the data sheet for the 4 2n5088 and it appears the pinouts are correct on the PCB.

Any help or direction would be more appreciated.

Thank you.

jkokura

Some voltages might help the Mudbunny gurus around here. My tips are the usual - double and triple check the values of all the parts, and orientation of all the polarized parts. Triple check your wiring too.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

funkylowtones

I will get the voltages tonight when I get a chance.

Thanks for the directions :)

funkylowtones

Well, it came down to a fundamental error/failure with my prototype rig. Nothing with the circuit at all.

Haha, this also fixed my Cupcake problem.

:)

jimilee

Quote from: funkylowtones on May 29, 2013, 01:05:02 PM
Well, it came down to a fundamental error/failure with my prototype rig. Nothing with the circuit at all.

Haha, this also fixed my Cupcake problem.

:)
dammit! Glad you got it going, been there, and its the first thing I check also when troubleshooting
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.