News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another modified Doombutter....

Started by ch1naski, May 14, 2013, 07:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

My graphics skills, both on computer and by hand, suck.
That being said, my first attempt with waterslide decals.

Heavily modified Clari(not), on self etched madbean board, with added feedback control + switch, fuzz lift, and switchable foot control of modulation by way of external photo resistor.
I came up with none of these mods, they are others' ideas.
The vactrol is a different one then called for, and I'm not sure how different the sound is to using the right one. But it's pretty out there.

I found out after building it and doing the art that there is already another pedal with the same name.
Curses, foiled again!

And the ugly truth inside...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

jimilee

Oh yeah, you're right, those decals are hideous, how can you even show that in a post with your name on it? Seriously? If that's bad, I can't wait to see good, or even great! Seriously that's awesome man!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

Thanks Jimi. You are selling yourself way too short, tho. Your builds look great.

one louder.

midwayfair

Sweet looking build, but we have GOT to get you some wire cutters. I think you used half a roll. ;)

Parra

it looks amazing, and with the amount of mods you added it just got better!

hoodoo

Agreed on the sweet decal job mate, great job for a first go , I wasted a few before i got one to look that good, all the best, Matt.

ch1naski

Thanks everyone.
Wiring on this was using ribbon. Bad choice, it was giving me all kinds of grief trying to get it not to break when it twists or gets a tight bend. I was getting worried that copper pads were gonna start lifting of the board if I kept trying to fix it. So finally I just stopped trying, and shoved it in there long.
Won't make THAT mistake again, I'm going back to 26gauge pre bond twisted with a drill.

@midwayfair
I used one of the vactrols from apex Jr, I'm not sure how wild the tracking is supposed to be on the original design, but this thing is extremely wild. Sounds like....an alien vomiting. :P I will probably only use it with the foot control, with the feedback on I can make the repeats drop slowly in pitch as they degrade. Kinda cool.

I am going to grab a Tascam portable recorder this week so I can dub in decent audio with video and start making some demos of builds.

one louder.

rullywowr

Looks great!  Nice job especially for your first time out with waterslides. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

bigrigg

Awesome!  congrats.  I kinda feel like a proud papa again as I think this is the first I've seen someone use the mods I offered with my WTF version of the Doombutter posted here at MB.
Enjoy and your enclosure with decals looks just fine.

ch1naski

I like the foot controlled action better than the vactrol, actually. Thanks for posting the mods.

one louder.