News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy Deluxe question

Started by Neurowork, May 20, 2013, 09:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neurowork

hey guys,

just finished populating my Aquaboy DX board and it worked right away. Had to rebias a tad to get right of some distortion I was having in the repeats.

I'm running it with MN3008s with MN3101 and NE571@ 12V regulated but I need to populate a RoadRage board to run it at 15V.
I have an additional pair of MN3008s which I will later use cascaded with first pair to double the delay.

I have 2 questions thought.

I was unable to get rid of all of the distortion during the biasing with Bias 1 and Bias 2. Will it help running it @15v or do I have to look somewhere else ?

I was out of 220uf electrolytics so it subbed it with 470uf. That won't be a problem right ?

I might have some troubles with the modulation section as one of the wave form causes a weird pitch shifting thing but I need to debug it on my own before bothering you guys.

Thanks !

aballen

It sounds right to me.  It's an analog delay so I don't think you are going to get crystal clear repeats.  My understanding is the cleaner you dial it in the shorter your overall delay time will be, but it not going to be crystal clear.

The modulation.  The square wave sounds pitch shifty... Kind of wacky and abrupt.  The other side is much smoother.  Personally I like the modulation on my echo base better, it uses a pot to dial it in rather than a switch, but the aquaboy at 15v sounds so much better.

As far as 15v I believe you will get more headroom but that should not make it cleaner.