News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ZeroPoint SDX finished!

Started by GhostofJohnToad, May 14, 2013, 12:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostofJohnToad

Just finished up my ZPSDX after a few minor hiccups... DC jack, stupid wiring mistakes, and decal issues.  Pretty happy with the graphics mostly.  I knew it had to have "Time And Relative Dimension in Space" references.  8)  The main big logo reads ZeroPoint SDX in Gallifreyan.  Well supposedly anyhow.

The sound is very, very nice.  I prefer the analog and deep sections most.  Very musical and inspiring and I really love the ghost feature. The modulation is very nice as well, especially the chorus. The path is one of those settings if I were doing again I probably would have left it off.   It's very minor and I can't see using in any other position than to the right.  The tape and shimmer settings are ok, but I need to play with them a bit more to tell how I really feel about them. 

The slam function is not what I was expecting.  I was hoping for a more gentle ramp up to the chaos but as it is it does really "slam"  the effect.  Is there a way to control the onset and ramp it more?

I could see this quickly becoming my go to delay for most things.   Most Excellent design, Brian!

Parra

nice build, cool labels and finish.

stecykmi

looks very sharp! I would remove the plastic washer on the stomp switch so it matches the slam switch, but that's just me.

you could try putting a small resistance in series with the slam switch. this might help slow it down slightly.

GhostofJohnToad

Yes I'm going to fix the washer

nzCdog

Dang that is a cool build!
Nice job... love the graphics, very pro

alanp

Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on May 14, 2013, 12:06:37 AM
The main big logo reads ZeroPoint SDX in Gallifreyan.  Well supposedly anyhow.

It's not as if I know enough about Doctor Who to argue with you! (I don't think we've turned our 2nd hand TV on since it came through the front door. We only found out the one before that was totally broken several months AFTER it was broken.)

With all these ZP's, I'm starting to think I might have to build one... a delay that I don't really need... but...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gordo

That's a great looking pedal.  You guys are starting to make the commercial stuff look bland.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?