News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Soulbender/Pastyface sub-unity output

Started by Gristlepig, July 06, 2013, 06:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gristlepig

Hey guys,

Maybe y'all might be able to help me out with this...

I've got here a Pastyface board, built up all sexy with Mallory axial caps and carbon comp resistors and a trio of OC75 from Smallbear and it's quiet... like below unity quiet.
It sounds good... But it's very quiet...

I used a TB MkII tranny set
gains/leakage/voltage

Q1 63hFe L 238
C-1.96v
B-1.67v
E-1.62v
Q2 70hFe L 197
C-1.92v
B-1.63v
E-1.53v
Q3 111hFe L306 (leakage read in the 400's on my Peak DCA, but it's hella hot in my office)
C-1.93
B-73mv
E-0v

Any of these readings look suspect to you guys? I couldn't find anything concrete about ideal voltage readings for the Soulbender/MkIII.

And yes... I did indeed box prior to rocking.
Speaking of which, I came across some threads out there where folks were having the same problem, and it was resolved by boxing up the circuit... any of y'all know anything about this? Is my grounding somehow incorrect for this circuit using a test box?

Thanks, y'all. Hope everybody had a fantastic holiday!

Gristlepig

Gristlepig

Correction to first post...

This jammy has been rocked... but not yet boxed. Just sitting on my desk hooked up to the test rig...

Gristlepig

midwayfair

All your collectors look low.

Gristlepig

Hey Midwayfair!

Thanks for the response. Do you have a ballpark estimate as to where the collector voltages should be? I haven't found anything conclusive trolling around the web...

midwayfair

Quote from: Gristlepig on July 25, 2013, 11:26:25 PM
Hey Midwayfair!

Thanks for the response. Do you have a ballpark estimate as to where the collector voltages should be? I haven't found anything conclusive trolling around the web...

Closer to half supply to 6v depending on the gain.