News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Digging the Amplug

Started by jubal81, May 11, 2013, 07:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

I've been building a lot at night so I bought a Vox Amplug headphone amp and I'm pretty impressed with it. I got the AC30 model. I've had a few headphone amps in the past, Rockman, Pocket POD, Dean, a few others, but this easily sounds the best.

It also takes pedals like a champ. I plowed it with as much boost as I could and couldn't hear any ugly opamp clipping. Pretty shocked at that one.

It sounds Voxy enough, and the tone is good enough so as not to be distracting - which is about as much as I can expect from a headphone amp. Should be a big help testing circuits.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

stevie1556

I've been looking at these after seeing them advertised in a mag. Glad you think it's good, makes the decision to get one easier!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

pryde

Agreed. I have had the AC30 Amplug for a few years and the little guy still amazes me through a good pair of headphones. I have not tried the other versions

aballen

That's good to hear.  I've been temped to buy one of these for late night practicing... I just figure t would sound horrible.  Now I think ill pick one up.

Haberdasher

wow, now I'm thinking about getting one.  i find that I'm not practicing much (or not at all) these days so maybe this would be nice to have, especially since it takes pedals.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

raulduke

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Sounds like it would make a good bench/workshop amp for those evening builds!

pryde

I just plug mine into the strat with a pair of earbuds, sit on the couch and fiddle away. You can dial in overdrive on it and does have some nice voxy faux-chime in there.  I use it also when traveling. Also got the little cab for it as well for bench-top testing.

Worth every penny for a little headphone amp.