News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Voxy Brown wiring question

Started by DutchMF, May 19, 2013, 04:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

I'm getting ready to wire up my Voxy Brown, and had a question about the bypass/boost wiring: does the boost sound any good on it's own? I mean, should I wire it so it can be used on it's own, or only used when the entire pedal is on?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jubal81

I mentioned quite a few revisions I'd like to make to it in another thread, partly because of this issue.

It's designed to be wired as two separate effect, with the boost pushing the OD.
Of course you can wire it however you like, but after using it for a while, if I were to build another, I'd put the boost on a DPDT toggle switch instead of a stomp.

I never use the boost on its own and I don't find any need at all to switch it on the fly. With it off, great, great OD. With it on - High gain Queen - that one particular sound.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

DutchMF

Thanks for the reply Jubal. I've got the box already drilled for a stomp, so I'll try that first and wire it up so the boost can only be on when the rest of the pedal is on.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"