News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I think I'm done with mechanical bypass.

Started by midwayfair, May 06, 2013, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Quote from: spaceboss on May 07, 2013, 03:56:22 PM
I'm getting interested in relay bypassing.

I know little to nothing about it. I haven't seen any self-etch boards for relay bypass--and the kits are fairly expensive. I know that this would be more $$ than the little blue 3pdts, even with everything self sourced. But I make about ten pedals a year or so, so it won't break me. Do the relays themselves have to be pre-programmed?

Do to spacing issues in my latest box, I ordered a couple relay kits, so I'll see how they work in practice.

I made a board in eagle for relay bypass with a Pedal Sync chip available at Smallbear. Works well, but it's REALLY expensive to put together. $6 chip, $4 relay, $2 switch + everything else.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

davent

Check out this thread, i have some of the specified relays but haven't got around to implementing the scheme just yet.

Mictester's relay switching scheme.

http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13295&sid=76dfb62ad2cb6fb007cf160006032cdc

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

spaceboss

Mictester's vero on page two of that link looks right up my alley. All told, vero + switch + relay (on ebay), comes out to about $4.50 which is great.

Thanks.