News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Can't take my eyes off it

Started by jubal81, April 30, 2013, 03:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

It's $500 and like you guys said, it looks like it wouldn't play worth a crap without spending another $500 on it. I'm just going to let it go. I'll keep it in mind if I ever get a chance to build my own someday. Maybe same theme, but classier looking.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: DutchMF on April 30, 2013, 02:11:46 PM
Quote from: jkokura on April 30, 2013, 03:51:52 AM
Yeah...

That may be the most unattractive guitar I've ever seen.

Jacob

Could be, but another contender is the reverse Flying V, the other guitar player from my band has one, but I forbid him to gig with it. Does sound pretty good though....

Paul

With all respect to the ugliness of this guitar, the reverse Flying V is, by far, the ugliest guitar I've ever seen.  Just a terrible idea all around.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jkokura

You mean the flying arrow? I always thought it looked like a giant, pointing arrow.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

lincolnic

Quote from: pickdropper on April 30, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
With all respect to the ugliness of this guitar, the reverse Flying V is, by far, the ugliest guitar I've ever seen.  Just a terrible idea all around.

Or as my roommate refers to it, the Mouse Pointer.

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on April 30, 2013, 11:15:29 PM
You mean the flying arrow? I always thought it looked like a giant, pointing arrow.

Jacob

Yep, a giant, ugly, pointing arrow.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GermanCdn

I always thought the reverse flying V wasn't so much for looks or playing, but rather as a tool to make your way through the crowd at an unruly gig.  I seem to remember an article in GFTPM many, many moons ago (long before the interweb and the GOTM club from Gibson), and they had an article on how to weaponize your guitar in the event you get attacked at gigs (play a point guitar, leave your strings cut long and sharp of the headstock, play an Ibanez, etc, etc).  Clearly they needed to fill space that month.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Micpoc

Is that genuine wood paneling? I had a rec room in the 70s that looked like that. . .