News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PNP Stratoblaster help

Started by Jallenfuzz, June 24, 2013, 05:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jallenfuzz

What do I have to do to make a circuit Positive ground? Simply wire it that way and use a PNP transistor?? This would be for an Alembic Stratobooster.

jkokura

I'm not %100 sure of what you're asking. Technically, there is no such thing as positive ground. I think what you mean to ask about is how to make a circuit that normally runs on +9V power run on -9V power. That's a little complicated, but not very. Mostly, the schematic needs to be adjusted so that all the polarized pieces get turned around, like electrolytic caps and diodes and such.

Take a stab at the schematic, post it, and if someone sees something that's wrong we'll try and set you straight.

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Jallenfuzz

Ok thanks.. I'm going to try and bread board it

RobA

Quote from: Jallenfuzz on June 24, 2013, 05:42:36 PM
What do I have to do to make a circuit Positive ground? Simply wire it that way and use a PNP transistor?? This would be for an Alembic Stratobooster.

Are you talking about the Stratoblaster preamp? If so, the bigger issue is that it's a FET transistor. It would take more than flipping the power rails to get the circuit to work with a PNP transistor. Could you tell us why you want to use a PNP in your circuit?
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).