News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Box of tricks

Started by soldersqueeze, April 27, 2013, 02:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

My guitar playing buddy is in the process of switching over to a TB looper based pedalboard and wanted some mo' tonez for his hard-rocking licks. This is my attempt at providing maximum dirt options while keeping the footprint smaller than an NY big muff (the knobs are temporary, it will be outfitted with a less random selection soon)-

The flavours are La Vache, Egodriver and Slow Loris from 'bean, and the guitarpcb R2G2. The enclosure is a Hammond 1411PP I think, weird enclosures to work with- a pain to drill and tend to warp a little when you're working on them, but when they're put together all is well, especially as this won't ever be trodden on :)
It turned out to be a lot more work than I had anticipated cramming everything inside and trying to keep it neat. The input and out wires are a little longer than needed because we may still move the jacks around internally to suit the final pedalboard layout, but they're shielded so it's no bother.
I see a few posts asking about combing x pedal with y pedal and power supply issues. All this dirt is just hooked up to one standard power jack and there's no extraneous noise when powered from a T Rex fuel tank power supply. Take note- cramming a load dirt effects into a box and daisy chaining all the power internally is totally fine!!
All these circuits sound fantastic, endlessly stackable dirt covering pretty much all the bases except metal.  Some real "blowing-up amp" sounds can be had out of this thing. Either that, or the amp we're testing it through is blowing up.... :D

nzCdog

Love the bright colours, great job getting all that in there... its a pretty tight fit :o

danwelsh

slimtriggers

This is a great idea!  8)

pickdropper

I really like this.

Man, your painting is top notch.  The layout is also compact and the wiring is solid.  Great job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lincolnic

Don't know what I can say, other than that this is awesome.

icecycle66

I think the artwork is totally rad.

soldersqueeze

Thanks guys, considering the quality of pedals put out on these boards on a daily basis, I aim to be "average by Madbean standards", which in all honesty I'm probably still a bit off :D
I should have mentioned this was inspired largely by the Cusack line of switchless pedals such as this joy to behold- http://cusackmusic.com/product/tad-jr/ !
What with all the looper based boards you see these days I don't know why the design isn't more popular, seems like a good idea to me