News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer OD and Afterlife

Started by billstein, April 23, 2013, 07:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

Just built a Kingslayer, what a great pedal! Definitely "box worthy."

I think I read that the Kingslayer works great with the Afterlife. Would there be a way of turning on the OD portion of the Kingslayer and an Afterlife at the same time with a 3PDT switch? Plus LED of course! I'm thinking this could go from nice crunch to soaring, sustaining leads. Also, could you run a toggle switch to the 9v (or input, output) line to turn off the Afterlife if you wanted just the OD from Kingslayer?

Thanks in advance and thanks everyone who have helped me so far.

Bill

GermanCdn

Easiest way would be with a 4PDT, wire the AL up like a standard 3PDT switch and wire the OD switch to the remaining lug like a SPST.  If you wanted to further defeat the AL, you could run the input and out to a DPDT toggle, and then jumper the one side of the DPDT for bypass and the alternate two lugs to the input and output section of the 4PDT.  I don't think you want to put a kill switch on the power, as the signal will have to pass through the AL, and killing the power to it will kill the flow through signal.

You can get 4PDTs from Tayda for $4.50.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

aballen

Personally I would box them up together, and treat them like a single circuit.  Out of the first one goes to in on the second one.  Your 3PDT would only need to connect to in on the first pedal and out on the second.  Basically treading both circuits as of they were one.

This means they are married though, both bypassed together, or not bypassed together.

Great combo I love my afterlife and the Kingslayer is great too.