News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3 day shipping?

Started by jimilee, April 19, 2013, 09:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Ohhhh 3 days from just whenever you get around to shipping it..... Man Brian and all of you are the only people who ship in a timely fashion. I've ordered from 3 or 4 places this week with express shipping and so far I got nothing. All the orders were placed between sat and Monday,here it is Friday and I've only gotten my order from bean himself. Thanks man, I appreciate you!
/rant
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jimilee on April 19, 2013, 09:11:27 PM
Ohhhh 3 days from just whenever you get around to shipping it..... Man Brian and all of you are the only people who ship in a timely fashion. I've ordered from 3 or 4 places this week with express shipping and so far I got nothing. All the orders were placed between sat and Monday,here it is Friday and I've only gotten my order from bean himself. Thanks man, I appreciate you!
/rant

Been there.. you know what I found is that they (most smaller parts houses) will apply 3 day shipping to your order but it still takes them 3-4 days to "process" and "fill" the order.. I feel your pain.

alanp

Smallbear get it out the door pretty quick, according to their emails, but it tends to take a couple weeks regardless.

Mouser is the only supplier I've found who gets things to me PRONTO. Even Tayda normally takes a week or so.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

I started awhile ago keeping records .. here is an example http://music.codydeschenes.com/?p=819

I wanted to see an estimate on shipping times.. Not only the time I place the order but also the time it took for me to get a "shipped" notice. I know there are many factors but at least I can get and idea.

jimilee

It's more frustrating really, I work 10 hours a day and I'm off Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday and that's when I build.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Mouser is unbelievable.  They usually ship the next day.  Often if it takes them an extra day, they upgrade my shipping to next day air for free.  That happened to me this week.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Stomptown

Quote from: pickdropper on April 19, 2013, 11:28:44 PM
Mouser is unbelievable.  They usually ship the next day.  Often if it takes them an extra day, they upgrade my shipping to next day air for free.  That happened to me this week.

We should start a thread for tips on how to navigate the Mouser site. When I started building it was so overwhelming I would just end up at one of the DIY specialty suppliers. Now that I know a little bit about parts (for the most part) it's not as hard, but I would love to hear some tips, etc. It could save a lot of newer builders a lot of money too!

jimilee

Quote from: Stomptown on April 20, 2013, 03:09:09 AM

We should start a thread for tips on how to navigate the Mouser site. When I started building it was so overwhelming I would just end up at one of the DIY specialty suppliers. Now that I know a little bit about parts (for the most part) it's not as hard, but I would love to hear some tips, etc. It could save a lot of newer builders a lot of money too!
very true. What I did to learn to navigate mouser, was use a bom someone posted here and actually reverse engineered it and found the categories and how that all worked.

DutchMF

I splurged on Tayda's fastest shipping once (was still only $11, I think my order was for $35) mainly to see if it was really that fast. Order placed saturday around 10 at night, stuff was on my desk at work tuesday before lunch! From Thailand to Holland in under 3 days!!! Good to know if you need something fast!

Paul

*Edit: and no extra customs/taxes......*
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on April 20, 2013, 03:12:01 AM
Quote from: Stomptown on April 20, 2013, 03:09:09 AM

very true. What I did to learn to navigate mouser, was use a bom someone posted here and actually reverse engineered it and found the categories and how that all worked.

Yeah, Jim is right about navigating the categories.

When browsing Mouser, I tend to spend more time reading the datasheets to make sure the part is what I expect it to be.  It is also very helpful to sort by the package that you want.  For things like caps, I always sort by lead spacing as well.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

frankie5fingers

Brian's a great shipper for sure.  I wish he sold components too.  Same with Josh at 1776.
Mouser has a warehouse in OH, where I'm based.  If I order in the early AM one day, I've actually gotten my stuff the next day, two days tops.  Thai Shine, Tayda's MA based distributor has been a pretty consistently quick and accurate shipper too.  You have to order min quantities of everything but it's only something like 5 of each or whatever, but I usually see the stuff within 3-4 days tops.
I know my mileage varies, but believe it or not I've gotten three or four orders from Blake at Mammoth in three days also.
PP Plus has bee "OK".  it typically takes a few more days than I like but the order is usually right.
My only consistently poor service, orders with mislabelled, missing and just plain wrong parts are from Effects Connection.  I've tried them over and over, when John ran it, and when he sold it to his friend.  I've made my last purchase there.  FWIW.