Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vero sucks

Started by icecycle66, March 22, 2013, 01:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 19, 2013, 07:12:34 PM
Quote from: jimilee on April 19, 2013, 06:05:39 PM
Etched boards are like playing acoustic then going to electronic. You get so much better at it.

I can agree with this. I started on vero then went to etching my own board and got pretty successful at it and I remember the first time I populated a fabbed PCB.. I was able to speed right through it and the pads were less finicky as my etched boards. all in all I still etch my own boards first If I can find/make a transfer. Iw ill be trying my hand with Eagle & OshPark here really soon.

Osh park is super easy to upload eagle files to and it's a lot of fun to design your own board. The turn around time is really quick too. Especially for us left coast folks. I actually live in the same city as the guy who runs osh park so it ships in a day! I would definitely give it a try. I would start with a single sided layout that you can etch yourself and then go for a double sided layout for the fab. Jacobs Kokura's Eagle tutorials are great. Definitely watch those and track down the Madbean libraries for parts...

Oh, and that is a great analogy Jimi!