News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mecha-Godzilla / Small BoobTube / Box of Shiny

Started by juansolo, May 30, 2013, 04:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Mecha-Godzilla
This is an interesting optical phaser. It's an easy build, but it takes a bit of fettling to get right. It's not quite there yet. We'll get Cleggy's done then we can make a few more changes to see if we can get it nailed on. The phasing is currently spot on, we just need to tweak it a bit more to get unity gain.

Pic is The Terror of Mecha-Godzilla. Because I can.

Small BoobTube
More downsizing using a THCustoms Valve-a-tizer PCB built as a stock BoobTube.

Box of Shiny
Built for a friend who wanted a cocked wah, but one he could adjust with his foot if neccessary. Hence the mahoosive coil wound pot. I'm fairly sure you could almost stand on that without any issues.

It's a plain shiny box because we tried to get the mother of all pot knobs (45mm in diameter) and I just fancied really going for the polishing. The knob didn't turn up, and might not fit if it does as it's an imperial shaft. The biggest annoyance is that my camera couldn't focus on the shininess, and focusing on the knob cause the box not to look shiny. Grrr!

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Very nice as always. with the phaser, I've found that to get unity, the shape has to be between 11 and 1 o'clock. Everyone seems to be having that issue.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Parra

cool artwork on the zilla, but that wah pot is just out of this world!  ;D

TNblueshawk

Sweet builds. Why I have not built a boob toob I don't know but I will before I die
John

juansolo

Quote from: jimilee on May 30, 2013, 06:06:21 PM
Very nice as always. with the phaser, I've found that to get unity, the shape has to be between 11 and 1 o'clock. Everyone seems to be having that issue.

K, sorted.

R13 & R14 are correct on the schematic, but not on the BOM (they're backwards on the BOM).
R11 wants to be 100k
R12 wants to be a 390k

All unity goodness now and it sounds rather brilliant with Tayda LDR and a 3mm clear orange LED. Gets a filtery/phasery/tremoloy thing going on. Do like.

DutchMF

Hey Juan, nice builds as ever! About the Tourbillion resistor values: R13 and R14 are correct on the schemo, but reversed on the BOM (think I got that right...), and R11 and R12 should be changed from the 1M in the schemo/BOM tot the values you're stating? Asking because I've got a partially populated Tourbillion board, and could easily make the resistor changes now... Thanks!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

GrindCustoms

These builts looks amazing, where did you source those small Marshmallish knobs?
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

I thought they were from AxeRUs in the UK, but can't find them on the site. So no idea sorry, had them years.

juansolo

Quote from: DutchMF on June 01, 2013, 03:18:24 PM
Hey Juan, nice builds as ever! About the Tourbillion resistor values: R13 and R14 are correct on the schemo, but reversed on the BOM (think I got that right...), and R11 and R12 should be changed from the 1M in the schemo/BOM tot the values you're stating? Asking because I've got a partially populated Tourbillion board, and could easily make the resistor changes now... Thanks!

Paul

Yep as follows:

R11 100K
R12 390K
R13 4K7
R14 10K

Made a big difference to our builds.

Thomas_H

Cool set of pedals.
Thank you for the first build report using one of my PCBs ;D

DIY-PCBs and projects:

Vallhagen

Nice couple o pedals. I must build one of those tube things sometime. It inspires me everytime i see them.

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

Rip57

That Boob Tube is a thing of beauty. I want one. Actually, two.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa