News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Need direction on Sansamp type pedal

Started by Jabulani Jonny, April 07, 2013, 02:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

If you really have to build the pedal, this is no good to you, but i've got one, and it sounds ok for what it is and they are cheap now in OZ so i'm sure they will be really cheap second hand in the US. Line 6 POD. It'll give you your fender cleans as well as various other sounds. All the best, Matt.

jimilee

My thoughts are,you are only going to sound as good as the pedal you put between you and the P.A. if you go cheap,you'll sound cheap. I bought a bassbone on ebay to go from my pedals to the P.A. and also an amp also in parallel if I need to be able to monitor myself. Just a thought. I'd probably go with your pedals you have now and into a direct box,something along those lines.When you go cheap,you start running into grounding and 60hz hum issues. Are you playing for money?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

The Tech21 "character series" pedals are supposed to be awesome for direct-to-board application. There are some schematics for those on FSB.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Jabulani Jonny

Thanks guys.  I actually ordered up a Joyo American Sound, which is a clone of the Tech 21 Blonde.   It's about the price of what I could build a pedal for and I was very impressed with the many demos I checked out.  I'll post a sound clip to this thread once I get it. 
Jonathan