News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

egodriver....help

Started by djelvr, April 13, 2013, 07:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djelvr

hello, I mounted the egodriver and it does not work. This is not easy because there are several different patterns. For example, I have two led the cabler with resistance R3 or is it the old schema? What the clip, sorry but I do not know what it is .... this is not my first pedal before I mounted the Klon Centaur clone called zentaurus I each once successful the first time. Here I confess that I can not do it. Excuse my spelling as I am French. thank you for your answers.
Jerome.

djelvr

djelvr

I have no sound. I hear the breath of the gain disappears when I put the gain knob to 0, but I have no sound at all. Even when I cut the pedal, I do not have a clear line.

I feel that it is just a connection error but I can not find

djelvr

Here are some pictures of what I did

midwayfair

First thing to do is remove it from the enclosure to eliminate that as a potential source of the problem.

Next, take voltages on the IC. The tech help rules thread has instructions for how to do this. Your voltages should be close to 4.5 on pins 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7. Pin 8 is the supply voltage and will be what your battery or power supply puts out (~9v). Pin 4 is ground and will be 0v.

If your voltages are correct, the fastest way to find the problem is with an audio probe. The tech help rules thread has instructions for making and using one. It's very easy and all it requires is an old cable. It will help locate the source of the problem very quickly.

DutchMF

From the pics I have a few things I'd check if I were you:
-Is the output from the 3PDT connected tothe right tab of your output jack? A little hard to see....
-DC jack wiring
-Is your LED resistor shorting to the enclosure?

Do check the Rules for getting Tech Help thread as Jon mentioned, some good tips in there

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

madbean

If you are excluding the LED clipping, you need to jumper the middle and right pads on the CLIP switch. This will connect the mosfet clippers to Vb.

Looking at the layout image in the build doc, it's the two pads with RED (top traces) connected to them.

djelvr

thank you for your answers. Now I have sound, but the gain produces a large pitched sound which disappears when I set to 0. Whistling sound that is painful to the ears.

djelvr

I connected the plug out in the middle of the clip. It is here madbean? In any case, I have no wheezing, pedal works, I just find that the saturation goes out quickly, I feel that saturated notes do not last very long. In addition, I think the tone knob and switch hp do not work.