Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Weather in Yorkton, SK

Started by jkokura, April 12, 2013, 04:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

It's snowing again this morning.

No seriously.

It snowed on the 23rd of October 2012, so if we get to the 23rd this month, that means since the first snowfall, we'll have had 6 months of snow. There's still 6-8 foot drifts in the parking lot here at my work, and on the lawn outside my building, the snow is still 1 foot deep where it hasn't drifted.

If we get to the first weekend in May with snow on the ground, that will have meant 6 months since it snowed and didn't melt, because the first weekend in November it snowed and stuck on the ground.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

culturejam

Global warming, my fat American ass!!!!  ;D

(just kidding)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

midwayfair

Wow. That's pretty extreme even for Canada.

On the other hand, you don't have to see your snowman house of horrors melt and turn into a puddle of ice between the afternoon and next morning.

Bret608

:)  Aww, that house of horrors is cute! My daughters had a snowman named "blobby" in our backyard this winter. He just looked a kind of trollish head sticking out of the ground. And seeing as how the winter in Wisconsin wasn't far behind Saskatchewan this year in terms of severity, I can tell you that "blobby" was there for a looonnnngggg time!

But seriously thought, most of our snow is now gone except the huge parking lot drifts, except that now it's been days of cold rain with icestorms just a bit north of here. So, so ready for (real) spring. Damn you, Punxatawney Phil!

timbo_93631

In Fresno it has been between 70 and 85 for weeks with the occasional storm blowing in some spring rains.  I'm dreading the days, weeks, or months of 105+ degree weather to come, they will be here soon, and the idea of 6 months of snow is unfathomable... 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

alanp

After 3 or 4 months of nothing but bloody sunshine (and I mean nothing, bloody high pressure systems), we're finally starting to get some rain, and good temperatures.

20 degrees is far too high for me. I prefer a nice 12 degrees. Lovely winter is coming now! :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: timbo_93631 on April 12, 2013, 07:32:09 PM
In Fresno it has been between 70 and 85 for weeks with the occasional storm blowing in some spring rains.  I'm dreading the days, weeks, or months of 105+ degree weather to come, they will be here soon, and the idea of 6 months of snow is unfathomable... 

When it hits 100+ here in Fresno is when I make my wife upset since the kitchen table becomes my workbench since it too damn hot in the garage.

Every summer I curse this place.. but then in winter I love it... its the way she goes.

timbo_93631

Yeah, if you are born into this weather it is ok, but I don't understand how people from nice weather places move here and survive.  I suppose that could be said for any place that has one or more extreme temp/weather seasons...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

GermanCdn

Thought I was leaving the lousy weather behind with you, but as I sit here waiting for yet another delayed flight out of regina, we're getting hit with another foot of snow in Calgary.  Should be hitting you by Sunday.  You're welcome.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

juansolo

This was a little over a week ago. Our race car lives in that garage and it was due to come out that day for set up and testing... Needless to say, it didn't.

Spring my arse!

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk