News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 in 1 wiring issues

Started by sonarchotic, April 28, 2013, 06:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonarchotic

I'm trying to build my first two in one pedal and I was wondering if there is some way I am supposed to wire the two 3pdt switches together? I have a squeal when the first switch is kicked on and a distorted pulsing when the tremolo side is kicked on. When both switches are turned on I get the tremolo effect working. The first effect is a phaser. I can include pics but I used all black wire in a somewhat tight build so it may be hard to tell what's going on. My wiring is also messy and my camera doesn't like macro pics anymore for some reason. Thanks!

DutchMF

The wiring for a 2-in-1 is exactly the same as for two standard pedals, so you can use Brian's Standard Wiring Diagram. Instead of taking the output wire of the first 3PDT and hook it up to the output jack, you attach it to the 'in' position on the second 3PDT. The output wire from that goes to the output jack. If you browse the forum, I'm sure you can find a diagram. I'll have a look in the jungle that is my harddrive to see if I can find mine.... Goodluck!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

sonarchotic

Thanks! The wiring diagrams that were on here now say pulled by administrator so I used the wiring diagram for the Double Flush Tremolo instructions for both circuits since the Smoothie did not have a wiring diagram with it's instructions. Your advice is a huge help and I now have the clean channel working, the first switch/circuit working but I still have the distorted pulsing coming from the tremolo. I know the tremolo circuit works out of the box so I believe it's a wiring issue. If anyone has a 2 in 1 wiring diagram that would help if there is anything more to wiring two circuits in one box. I'm not trying to switch the order or anything, just one on or the other or both. Thanks again!

jimilee

Did you ground effect 2,tremolo I guess.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sonarchotic

Realized I had the order of the circuits reversed so I switched the wiring and now I have the opposite problem. Circuit #2 Tremolo works, clean signal works but Circuit/switch #1 phaser now creates a feedback with some phaser to it. Same problem in reverse order, does that sound like anything? Grounds seem fine I think.

sonarchotic

Got the camera issue worked out, now the pedal.

This may or may not help.

sonarchotic

Found the problem. Apparently there shouldn't be a wire from the input of the switch from the second circuit to the input jack. Works great and sounds great now!

jimilee

AHHA that explanation makes my head hurt. I had to read it 16 times,but I think I understand what you're saying. Glad you got it working. Wiring my 2 in 1 tomorrow,it's my first also.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.