News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

IC's for Current Lover Project

Started by ripdivot, March 30, 2013, 07:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripdivot

Will there be any issues using the following IC's from Smallbear for this project?

CD4013
BL3207
V3207D

ripdivot

jkokura

You can get MN3007 chips off eBay pretty easily. Why don't you look at getting one of those?

As to the others you've asked after, I don't know how they compare, but I wouldn't use a V3207 if I was asked to.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Scruffie

Any of those will be fine, the 3207s will be a little lower head room and possibly a bit harder to dial in.

Seeing as cool audio chips seem to get a lot of hate, you might want to use the BL3207, however some people are happy with the v3207s.

And yes that 4013 is fine.
Works at Lectric-FX

ripdivot

Quote from: jkokura on April 01, 2013, 06:04:15 AM
You can get MN3007 chips off eBay pretty easily. Why don't you look at getting one of those?

As to the others you've asked after, I don't know how they compare, but I wouldn't use a V3207 if I was asked to.

Jacob

I want to run the pedal on 9 volts and my understanding is that the 3207 would be better than the 3007 for that application. Am I wrong with that assumption? Does the Current Lover sound better with a 3007?

Thanks for the help on this one guys, I've built tons of dirt pedals but never any modulation effects.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jkokura

The MN3007 sounds fine on 9V in most CE2s... Don't see why it would be different in this application.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Scruffie

Quote from: alanp on April 03, 2013, 04:48:38 AM
Do SB sell MN3207?

Used to, guess not any more.

Quote from: ripdivot on April 03, 2013, 04:45:36 AM
Quote from: jkokura on April 01, 2013, 06:04:15 AM

Jacob

I want to run the pedal on 9 volts and my understanding is that the 3207 would be better than the 3007 for that application. Am I wrong with that assumption? Does the Current Lover sound better with a 3007?

Thanks for the help on this one guys, I've built tons of dirt pedals but never any modulation effects.

Should sound good with either, but MN3007 are perfectly happy at 9V as well as 3207s.
Works at Lectric-FX

ripdivot

ripdivot

Hey Jacob, I just noticed you are in Sk, Canada. Where abouts in Sk are you, I'm in S'toon.

jvg13