News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New order. Have a couple of Questions.

Started by billstein, April 10, 2013, 08:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

I'm placing an order at Mouser tomorrow and was wondering what 2.1 dc jack you use. Also the sleeve that goes into it. Also, if you use the Fresnel lens for the LED where do you get those from. Does Mouser carry them?

Thanks

pickdropper

Hey Bill,

The Fresnel lenses are indeed available at Mouser.  This is the part number for the clear 5mm version I use:

593-C000C

That is just a starting point, there are many others.  Don't forget the spacer that goes on the back.  I don't remember the part number, but you can get it off the datasheet.

I don't usually get my sockets from Mouser, but I know that Kobiconn has one that is very similar to the ones that are sold at the pedal-specific merchants.  If you have trouble, I am sure I can dig one up later.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

madbean

This should be the 2.1mm DC jack: 163-4302-E

billstein

billstein

Quote from: pickdropper on April 10, 2013, 01:56:43 PM
Hey Bill,

The Fresnel lenses are indeed available at Mouser.  This is the part number for the clear 5mm version I use:

593-C000C

That is just a starting point, there are many others.  Don't forget the spacer that goes on the back.  I don't remember the part number, but you can get it off the datasheet.

I don't usually get my sockets from Mouser, but I know that Kobiconn has one that is very similar to the ones that are sold at the pedal-specific merchants.  If you have trouble, I am sure I can dig one up later.

I went on to Mouser And looked up the data sheet and it's a bit confusing. I know I need the lens but what else? The data sheet has retaining rings, mounting clips and spacers. Any help would be appreciated.