News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

rangemaster

Started by eniacmike, August 02, 2010, 06:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

I got the cv7003 from small bear, I used their suggested values for the resistors. used metal comp resistors.

I found the capacitors at this local shop in houston called EPO electronics parts outlet. It is a really cool store aisle 1 transistors, aisle 2 resistors, aisle 3 capacitors, etc.

They have a huge selection of random stuff. The only downfall is all the really good parts are sold out like they have drawers for germanium transistors but they are empty, and I don't think they are ever going to restock them. I think I wiped out of their Ge diodes too.  ;D

The red caps are panasonic, and the radial electrolytics are NTE. sounds amazing!

I kept it simple with the build out. I didn't want to mess with a DC adapter or LED with positive ground.

For the finishing I just did a brushed aluminum finish using a drill and a black and decker FINE wire brush drill attachment.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

this is my 2nd rangemaster. I love this pedal. I think every player and studio should have one of these.

This time I got a little more mojo going on than the last one. I screwed up and ordered radial electrolytics so I had to run to the store and get some NTE axial electrolytics, but they work perfectly just less mojo.

I just got a hakko heat gun and some heat shrink so I have been going overboard with the heat shrink (you can see it on the dpdt switch)

I'm not sure about this knob. I left enough room so I can go chicken head if want too, but I think I might end up going with the large mxr with a rubber stopper becuase It is nice to adjust the boost on the fly.

any thoughts on the knob?

I labeled it "boost set" after I saw the same wording on the original. I like it, it seems like a very british way of saying things.

gtr2

Whats giving the new rangemaster more mojo, the transistor?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

ch1naski

Quote from: gtr2 on August 20, 2010, 01:02:20 PM
Whats giving the new rangemaster more mojo, the transistor?
I think he is referring to the axial caps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

Rip57

Finish came out great and I like the knob on this one. Wish we had one of those old electronics stores around her like you have in Houston.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

gtangas

Very nice man. I love my rangemaster.... As you said, every one should have one