News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

8393S Transistors Ever Heard Of 'Em?

Started by frankie5fingers, March 20, 2013, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankie5fingers

I found some, I have no idea what they might be good for.  I can't find them listed anywhere, Antique Radio Museum etc.  No datasheets anywhere.  The only marking says 8393s.  All I know is I had them in a bag with a couple of old 2n2925s (TO92? or TO39?) case.  Any ideas about them?
Thanks

midwayfair

Can you take a really good, crisp photo? It's possible that it's not a number but some letters involved.

frankie5fingers

Well... I tried but apparently not.  I did cleverly place my magnifier in the shot though; that's the alligator clip attached to it.  Since I couldn't take a closer-up pic, I looked through it to confirm that the lettering does indeed say 8393S. They're also shaped exactly like those 2925s Timbo had a few months ago.  They're pulls so I'm guessing I bought 'em because they came out of an organ or something like that.  I dunno.
Anyhow, here's the best pic I could make.

Scruffie

Thought I recognised that number, think they're house numbered 2N2925 from a Lowrey organ.
Works at Lectric-FX

frankie5fingers

I had 'em in a bag with the 2925s.  I may have even gotten them from you.  Thanks much Scruffie, it was drivin me crazy why I'd have 'em in the same bag as the organ pulls.
Thanks again, Frank

timbo_93631

Yep, those are 2n2925's from a Lowrey Organ!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

gingataff

frankie5fingers

Yup.  Put 'em in another wah I made a week or so ago...  very sweet indeed.