News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Honeydripper

Started by fendman, March 19, 2013, 10:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendman

Have recently finished this great project, and tried all the mods...I basically kept it as is. Had some fun with it and would recommend building it.  Had to re-learn that Peter Frampton song "Show me the way"  I always liked that record and with the various wah's its great fun.

The enclosure I used was a fairly tight fit, it was one off those Tayda enclosures  1590N ???  120mm x 64mm x 36m anyway I also had some jacks as well from Tayda which were not great. I won't be buying anymore from them. I think it has been said before they are ok for caps,res, and some semicons.

For the graphics, this was how it started. I had a cct board which didn't work with pre etch resist so I  used a permanent marker pen and did it freehand...not great but  it is original. For the paint it was a coat of white (rattle can) and then splashes of orange..I didn't have any yellow so it looks like marmalade and not honey. :) I then hit it with fast dry clear enamel ...and that was the big mistake, but it worked out :D

danwelsh

Thats awesome, i like it and it reminds me of the flintstones   ;D

spaceboss

Agree. There is something very aesthetically pleasing about that box -- in a Hanna Barbera sort of way.

jimilee

I can't hear it though, is it plugged in?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Rip57

> that was the big mistake, but it worked out 

It's never a mistake if it works out.

Yabba dabba do!
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

fendman

Quote from: danwelsh on March 20, 2013, 12:21:55 AM
Thats awesome, i like it and it reminds me of the flintstones   ;D

Haha, Hey Dan thanks I will take that as a compliment, I used to watch the flintstones all the time when I was a kid  :) Hey Wilmaaaaaaaa .... and dopey Barney Rubble, whats up Fred  it was great :)

Everyone else thanks for looking and your comments ...Jimmilee don't hold your breath  waiting for a soundcheck
It might happen :-\

pickdropper

That looks great, Mike.  Very funky.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

fendman

Quote from: pickdropper on March 20, 2013, 12:04:57 PM
That looks great, Mike.  Very funky.

Thanks Dave, pleased you like it , I can get on with the compressor now :)