News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Looks like Cool Audio don't like their BBDs either!

Started by Scruffie, March 13, 2013, 03:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Seems they're discontinuing production on them, wonder what this means for the Behringer lines that use them?
Not to mention the effects companies currently using them in their designs.

https://www.smallbearelec.com/Updates.htm

Hope Beiling stay in production.
Works at Lectric-FX

midwayfair

This is going to get interesting.

All those cool audio chips just obtained some instant mojo.

jkokura

I wonder if they realized just how bad the V3205's suck, and so they're pulling them?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DutchMF

If that is the case, why don't they do what they should've done in the first place and come up with a nice, good sounding MN3005 clone? Now that would be a winner!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

I was talking to someone who was involved in IC manufacture recently and the costs in doing it are stratospheric. Sadly I can't see anyone remanufacturing the MN3005. Enjoy them while they last!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Scruffie

Quote from: juansolo on March 13, 2013, 05:13:45 PM
I was talking to someone who was involved in IC manufacture recently and the costs in doing it are stratospheric. Sadly I can't see anyone remanufacturing the MN3005. Enjoy them while they last!
Well cool audio could because they manufacturing capability obviously, they'd just need to buy the original chip die license or whatever.

But I doubt that's what they're gunna do. Nice thought though.

Quote from: midwayfair on March 13, 2013, 04:49:31 PM
This is going to get interesting.

All those cool audio chips just obtained some instant mojo.
Haha, i'm gunna start a pedal company using the highly sought after NOS v3205 chips.

Does suck that there'll be no more 4096 stage BBDs in production though as Beiling for some reason stopped at 2048.

That means the Malekko delays will be gone soon unless they stock up. Not sure who else uses them.
Works at Lectric-FX

culturejam

As long as Belling is still making the BL3208, I think we're okay. The V3205 sucked anyway. Sad to see the V3207 to go, though.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Scruffie

Quote from: culturejam on March 13, 2013, 08:05:58 PM
As long as Belling is still making the BL3208, I think we're okay. The V3205 sucked anyway. Sad to see the V3207 to go, though.
Yeah although I noticed you can't get the 8 pin BL3208 on smallbear, they do make the BL3207 though so all's not lost with the V3207 going.
Works at Lectric-FX