News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stewie Phaser is ill please help!

Started by jimilee, March 09, 2013, 03:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So the tourbillon phaser is having humming issues. I can hear the phasing alright,but there is a hum also. I have rewired the whole board,scrubbed it with isopropyl and reflowed all the joints. Like I said I have phasing but there is a terrible hum.Where do I go from here?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

LaceSensor

jimilee

Well I rewired the whole thing, deboxed it and still the same hum. Bad part maybe?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

LaceSensor

well then switch out any socketed parts and see if that helps.

jimilee

That's what I was thinking, but I'm still early in my building so I wasn't sure if I was in the right path. Thanks!

jimilee

Fixed! Well after replacing the trannies and all the wiring,the problem was my power supply the same power supply I have ben using with one of my pedal boards,it works just fine,but something about it doesn;t like this phaser. It's a universal power supply with settings from about 4 to 12 volts. Apparently it gives stewie indigestion. The phaser itself sound hits omewhere between a phase 45 and a phase 90 and has great trmolo action. all in all it's ok. Not really what I like. But it's good to know it's working properly.