News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point Micro Question/Issue

Started by pryde, March 08, 2013, 01:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

I will preface by acknowledging the nature of PT2399 delays can be somewhat dark with some noise...

I populated a ZP micro and have it on the tester. Everything works ok. But, the repeats are REALLY dark and can hear a good amount of static/fizz in the repeats as well with the mix >50%. I have tried 4 different PT2399 chips and they all sound the same.

Is this pretty normal for this circuit to be this dark, unfiltered, and static/noisy? Maybe all my chips are crap? What have others experienced with this one.

BTW, the modulation sounds very nice with bean's fixed 750k resistors.

madbean

No it is not terribly dark by design. The filtering is pretty much the same as the Sea Urchin/DBD. So, you need to check those resistors and caps to make sure you have the right values. Particularly R24 and R13. Wrong values there would darken it up.

Noise is simply due to the PT2399 and nothing more most likely. Where did you get yours from and are they all branded the same?

pryde

Thanks MB. I will re-check those values as you suggest. The PT's are from 2 different sources and I have not tested them in other circuits either.

Also, I notice a bit of signal boost with the circuit on. Normal?

gingataff

regarding the boost, what values did you use for R3 and R4?
the latest version of the build document has been modified for this reason.

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2