News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EH black finger compressor been wet

Started by hoodoo, March 07, 2013, 01:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all Matt here. Just picked up a mint black finger compressor for $10  ;D because the guy i got it off said it had been wet, and when he tried it after this, blue sparks came out of the dc socket. Water (small amount) had apparently entered the pedal via the hole where the tubes come out the top. I've opened the pedal, haven't turned it on yet, and everything looks OK. I've removed the tubes and I currently have it sitting in front of a fan and will change the tubes and turn it on later today. My question is, is there anything else i can do to remove water from a tube socket, i have some electrical contact cleaner, is it safe or wise to use this. Any advice appreciated, thanks, Matt.

stecykmi

i would definitely power it up without a tube in there and check the appropriate pins for power/biasing. i assume the water shorted something so i would not be surprised if something was burned in the power section.

hoodoo

Thanks for the reply mate, couldn't help myself, had to turn it on and see what happened. Works perfect, just spent half an hour messing about and it didn't miss a beat, happy days ;D

stecykmi