News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point SDX help

Started by jalmonsalmon, March 02, 2013, 12:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalmonsalmon

Hey all!
Finished this delay up but it is not working properly, volume for the delayed note is very low.
Even with mix dimed, I would say it is about 50% or less compared to the dry note.
R45 was omitted but should that be jumped? 
Also I have tried to make a sea urchant, and a DBD on vero and those did not have a loud delay at all if anything... I am wondering if I got burned on my PT2399's
I got them from ebay, I have 10 of them and swapping them around, I get the same results.
Faint delay signal.
For the Zeropoint SDX it does not go into ocillation when feedback is cranked.... just about 4 repeats...

Any help would be great, I don't have voltages tested for ICs but I can provide that info and pics.
(I don't know how to test voltages nor what pins to hookup but learning LOL)   It is on a test rig with the 4 wires going to it.   In, Out, 9v, Ground.  also does slam need to be hooked up for this to work?  And I also noticed Ghost toggle does notthing at all.  Everything else seems to work but as stated before... delay very very low vol.
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

madbean

Probably some pics of the top and bottom of the PCB would be the thing to start with. Low output could be due to a wrong resistor value.

jalmonsalmon

Here are a couple snapshots of the board, I moved my Pots so you can see the bottom better.
R48 has  a 768k resistor in there
R21 Teepee'd  to get me 220k,  R22 socketed but has 150k on it.

I need to read up and learn how to check voltages, I assume on Pin 1 of the ICs?

my leftover PT2399's  

I tested both PT2399's and Pin 1 is exactly 5v for both
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

jalmonsalmon

Woo hoo!
I got it working!  I tested voltages and everything checked out. And the only thing I noticed that was not correct was that rotary switch so I double checked all the solder points reflowed everything...
She works great now!  I notice though now that the delayed note is LOUD as hell and I have to turn the mix down alot but she sounds great
I will post a build report with a vid on another thread

THANKS BRIAN!
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .