Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NBABCD!

Started by the3secondrule, May 01, 2014, 10:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

New Big-Ass Bass Cab Day!!!

Ampeg Classic 6X10".
8x10 was too damn big, 4x10 was too little. Six Tens, just right, and not too brutally heavy. Next to the ampeg is the 1x15" (peavey blackwidow) I was using previously. Sounded great, but didn't move enough air...

on top of the ampeg is the custom 150w bass amp a mate built for me - they sound killer together!
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Leevibe

Congrats! I can feel the walls shaking from here.

selfdestroyer

Fuzzed out Standard C and summon the beast that walks among us and waits for its call... or just rock out.

Looks like a bunch of fun. Enjoy it.

Cody

alanp

Oooh! Jansen Bassman! They used a different circuit to the Fender BM, and I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the valve ones. (OTOH, I've never heard anyone praise the speaker cab.) How does that sound through the Ampeg cab? It is a valve one?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

the3secondrule

Quote from: alanp on May 02, 2014, 01:25:31 AM
Oooh! Jansen Bassman! They used a different circuit to the Fender BM, and I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the valve ones. (OTOH, I've never heard anyone praise the speaker cab.) How does that sound through the Ampeg cab? It is a valve one?

the jansen is a 6/twenty. Similar to a bassman, but 20w with tremolo. Amazing guitar amp - beautiful cleans and it breaks up nicely if you push it really hard. looks pretty tidy considering it's dated to 1964!
And the Jansen cab there is a 1x15". same size as the jansen duo boxes, but the single 15" sounds much better than 2 twelves in those ludicrously over sized cabs...
I've also got a Jansen Bassman 50, which is nice either for bass or guitar
Both the jansens are valve amps...

haven't yet had a chance to try the Jansens through the Ampeg, but I bet they would sound glorious! I've also got a Holden wasp i need to run through it for shits n giggles...

BTW, i'm gonna be heading your way (wanganui, yeah?) for a gig on the 24th...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"