News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover noise question

Started by soldersqueeze, February 23, 2013, 03:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

So I've built up my current lover, checked it at 15v via a road rage board and it seemed to be working ok. When tuning the trimpots though, I've noticed a background noise I can't get rid of. The best way to describe it is an occasional swing of a lightsaber following the sweep but not consistent.
The only obvious thing I can think of that it might be is I have an "hef4013bp" instead of a "cd4013bcn" in IC4. Could this cause an issue? I either ordered or got sent the wrong one and I don't really understand datasheets to be honest.
Thanks in advance

soldersqueeze

OK so I had another play with it and can probably describe the problem better-
In flanging mode there is a chorus-y flange-y sound and the controls seem to do what you would expect, though the effect is a touch weak (probably biasing related) and there is a noise reminiscent of trying to tune in a radio station (the whooshy squeak, not the white noise) which I can't get rid of.
In matrix filter mode it doesn't effect the signal a great deal, just some added noise.
Checked component values/ solder joints etc, just wondering if anyone else has used this hef4013bp chip- I checked my stash and I have another 2 in a baggie marked "CD4014" by the seller (Banzai). Having looked at the datasheet again I think it says 15V is right at the top of its useable range, could this be my problem?  ???