Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chunk Chunk

Started by jkokura, December 16, 2010, 09:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Finished another!

And the Guts.

There'll be no video of this one I'm afraid. There's lots out there of this circuit anyway...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Very nice Jacob!  Is the enclosure color a dark green sparkle like a carbon copy?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Nope, Black sparkle from PPP.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

B_of_H

this is sitting on my bench, i'm trying to figure out whether to build it first or put it further back down the line.  How does it sound?  I'm worried about it being inarticulate. 

jackbart1960

Jacob,
Outstandng as usual. Kinda funny I mean I believe you when you said it's black but I see it as a slight green cast on my laptop too.  ::)
Peace. J.J.B.

eniacmike

Quote from: B_of_H on December 16, 2010, 10:24:24 PM
this is sitting on my bench, i'm trying to figure out whether to build it first or put it further back down the line.  How does it sound?  I'm worried about it being inarticulate. 

It is a really fun pedal. I instantly wrote a whole album worth of early metallica riffs, and then wrote another album worth of mid 90's pop punk riffs when I played it for the first time. I'm not sure by what you mean by inarticulate because in some ways harmonics leap out and pinch harmonics jump off the strings. divebombs never die, but it does kind of just have that ONE sound. IT really doesn't care what kind of guitar/pickup/style your playing it just ignores that and does its thing. I pretty much can't tell the difference between neck and bridge pickups. The EQ section is really powerful and interactive with each other.

I think the best thing about the chunk chunk as a pedal is most people don't have a really high gain pedal. we all have overdrives/standard distortions etc. but the chunk chunk really is something different.

B_of_H

Quote from: eniacmike on December 16, 2010, 11:27:11 PM
Quote from: B_of_H on December 16, 2010, 10:24:24 PM

It is a really fun pedal. I instantly wrote a whole album worth of early metallica riffs, and then wrote another album worth of mid 90's pop punk riffs when I played it for the first time. I'm not sure by what you mean by inarticulate because in some ways harmonics leap out and pinch harmonics jump off the strings. divebombs never die, but it does kind of just have that ONE sound. IT really doesn't care what kind of guitar/pickup/style your playing it just ignores that and does its thing. I pretty much can't tell the difference between neck and bridge pickups. The EQ section is really powerful and interactive with each other.

I think the best thing about the chunk chunk as a pedal is most people don't have a really high gain pedal. we all have overdrives/standard distortions etc. but the chunk chunk really is something different.

yeah that is why I ordered it, i have yet to try a high gain pedal I like.  I'll probably end up putting it together tomorrow night then.  thanks. 

nzCdog

8) cool... bet it sounds great