News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

cherry bomb gain pot

Started by hoodoo, February 01, 2013, 11:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all. Just a quick question on the cherry bomb. The BOM says to use a 1kc pot for the gain pot, however i don't have one , but i do have the 10kb that the original used. I understand why you would use the reverse taper pot, but i'm wondering if i could use the 10kb, or will i be dissapointed if i do, appreciate any advice, thanks, Matt.

juansolo

I'm fairly certainly we put a C10K in the ones we've built. If you use a B10K it all ends up at one end, but it'll sound right.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

hoodoo

Thanks for the reply mate, that's what i thought. Am i right in thinking, if i put a resistor across lugs 2 and 3 that i could turn this into a C type pot, and if this is right, what value resistor would i use on a 10kb pot to make it a 10kc or close to.
Thanks again for your help, Matt.

juansolo

hoodoo

;D Thanks mate, i want to do it right, just don't need to order anything else at the moment, so it might have to sit on a shelf for a while, plenty more to do ;)

garfo

By the way, does anyone knows what the voltage should be on each transistor? ask this because my build eventhough it works greatly, it gets some fizziness in low gain settings. would think that this might happen due to biasing problems.It's not a big deal, but if it's possible to make it perfect, even better.

juansolo

If I hadn't just dismantled mine I could have told you :( Plans are afoot with that one.

garfo

Well I just read on another thread that it might happen due to hfe of transistors too much hfe will increase that crackled fizzi sound.I will try to sort something out.
Quote from: juansolo on February 03, 2013, 07:12:23 PM
If I hadn't just dismantled mine I could have told you :( Plans are afoot with that one.