News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Good clean boosting fun (Bean, JMK, Vero)

Started by Tremster, February 01, 2013, 01:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremster

I have a thing for clean boosters.

Green: Madbean FatPants. Love the musicality and nice tone coloring of this one.

Black: JMK Wakizashi. Wow. Fat and punchy with LOTS of output, could become a new favorite

Grey: Madbean Bacon Bits. Nicer and more subtle, and that's good for some uses.

Brown: Madbean ThunderPuss. Makes things louder.
I had ordered a few A1 and A2 enclores by Teko from Banzai in Germany to see how they are. They're cheap. Two metal bits that fold into each other, like Fulltone pedals, but not that sturdy. They also have rims and edges inside that I hadn't thought of while drilling the top bit, had to cut some aluminum off the bottom bit when assembling. Good enough for this tiny PCB, but they're not sturdy at all, would never use them for a pedal that gets stomped a lot, and only the really small sizes are useful for switchers or buffers.

Silver: Vero SHO. My first ever vero build. Have always loved the SHO circuit, I have another one that I left on all the time anyway, so I just omitted the switch entirely on this one and wired it to be always on. Saves lots of space, too.
Have one more of these enclosures, so an always-on Fatpants is in the making.

midwayfair

Awesome. There are a few pedals I've certainly considered just leaving the switch off ...

raulduke

Lovely builds, and I agree, certain boosters may as well be sans footswitch.

I'm moving away from Mosfet/Super Clean boosters and more towards the JFet varieties at the moment; I think they have a bit more of a 'warm' tonality.

nzCdog

DutchMF

These all look so cool, and I need to get me some of that Wakizashi....... Must be a nice friend for the Thunderpuss....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

angrykoko

I too seem to have caught the bug for clean boosts.
Next one is going to be merlins glass blower (GTI version) just for fun.

Great looking builds.. LOVE alll the enclosure sizes.

Thanks for sharing
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

jimilee

No on / off stomp sounds great. I have an optistomp that I love,stays on all the time.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.