News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Getting to hear my pedals in action

Started by midwayfair, February 09, 2013, 04:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

This seems weird, but I don't actually use the stuff I build too often -- the only ones on my board most of the time are a compressor and the tap tempo tremolo. I have a mini-board that's been getting play with the mandolin that's all my stuff, but it's pretty basic.

But anyway, my friend Joe is doing February Album Writing Month (he's the one who convinced me to do it), and I gave him a box full of pedals, since mine's going to be almost entirely acoustic. 14 of them. One for each song, basically. This one has the Blue Warbler and Hamlet on it (there's a low-rider, too, but I'm not sure where):
http://fawm.org/songs/2602/

He actually fully produces each song, overdubs, backing vocals, percussion, everything. He's just so good at hearing the whole thing.

This is a little different to me than someone buying one of my pedals and putting it on their board... there's something much cooler to me about someone telling me that something I made inspired the whole sound of a recording.

jubal81

I dig this very much. Great sound and textures. I'd buy it.

It's always nice to see your work through other people. When you have to sort through the minutiae the product is a sum of parts. When someone else comes along and sees it as its own entity it really helps you step back and appreciate what you've accomplished.

Big grats  ;D
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair