News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Non Madbean: Blackout Effectors Fix'd Fuzz Deluxe

Started by Axe_34, February 07, 2013, 01:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axe_34

Man, the wait for the Harbinger is killing me!  ;D

Apart from my amp, this was the most intense wiring job I've had to do. Actually, it was probably more intense. Since everything needs to be cut to the exact required length, I couldn't hook it up on the test rig beforehand. I just had to build it and hope it worked -- kind of like walking a tightrope without a net!

Really, really versatile circuit.

Layout's here: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.ca/2013/02/blackout-effectors-fixd-fuzz-deluxe.html

Clip:  LP > Low Rider (both octaves down and octave up cranked) > Fix'd Fuzz (all four stages on, both fuzzes cranked) > Egnater Rebel 20 (set to mildly overdriven)

https://soundcloud.com/jasonballantyne1/noise

GermanCdn

The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

I'm jealous of the sound...but not the wiring you had to go to get there! Nice job.

wolfingsworth

Wow thats a lot of switches! Good job making the wiring look presentable. Mine would be quite the rats nest for sure!

midwayfair

Great job on the wiring! I can't imagine it getting cleaner. Sounds excellent.

pickdropper

Yeah, that's a ton of wiring and it still looks neat and planned out.  Great job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

bigrigg

Nice sardine can job for sure.  I have the Very Special Twosome and this is indeed a great and super versatile fuzz/boost pedal.  Congrats.

Axe_34

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I take my inspiration from the wiring master, Richard of Monsterpiece.

Dude is a monster.  ;D

Stig

Goddamn that's a lot of neat wiring going on there. I couldn't have pulled that off.

eldanko

I owned a Fix'd Fuzz once... simply delicious tweakable circuit. You nailed it man!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

DutchMF

Congrats on a very, very nice build! Wiring is indeed as clean as can be. And thanks for the pics of the Monsterpiece builds. Those are so clean I'll probably never post a gut shot again, simply beautiful!!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

alanp

For clean wiring, you can't beat oldschool HiWatt amps.

But yeah, for the amounts of pots and switches that's bloody clean right there!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Axe_34

Quote from: alanp on February 08, 2013, 10:46:52 PM
For clean wiring, you can't beat oldschool HiWatt amps.

But yeah, for the amounts of pots and switches that's bloody clean right there!

Damn straight!

Mojaves are super clean too.

Axe_34

This was my first ever build -- an 18-watt Marshall clone. Yes, I'm insane. I always jump into the deep end when taking up a new hobby.  ;D