News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Buffered chimaera no buffered bypass

Started by jimilee, February 03, 2013, 11:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I posted this over at GCFX but I thought I would ask you guys also,I am having a dickens of a time with the off board wiring for this. Since it's not a 3pdt,Where does the ground wire from the dc plug go,where does the ground wire from the board go? When I do manage to get sound there's a hum along with it,sounds like a ground hum. And I got no bypass. This is pedal number 8 and I'm baffled. Here is what I was able to do. I have a ground from the board on each jack and a ground from the power input to the input sleeve. Distortion is great,but I got no bypass.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2013, 11:26:04 PM
I posted this over at GCFX but I thought I would ask you guys also,I am having a dickens of a time with the off board wiring for this. Since it's not a 3pdt,Where does the ground wire from the dc plug go,where does the ground wire from the board go? When I do manage to get sound there's a hum along with it,sounds like a ground hum. And I got no bypass. This is pedal number 8 and I'm baffled. Here is what I was able to do. I have a ground from the on each jack and a ground from the power input to the input sleeve. Distortion is great,but I got no bypass.

Ground wire is the common pole on the side of the switch with the LED.

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on February 03, 2013, 11:38:52 PM
I posted this over at GCFX but I thought I would ask you guys also,I am having a dickens of a time with the off board wiring for this. Since it's not a 3pdt,Where does the ground wire from the dc plug go,where does the ground wire from the board go? When I do manage to get sound there's a hum along with it,sounds like a ground hum. And I got no bypass. This is pedal number 8 and I'm baffled. Here is what I was able to do. I have a ground from board the on each jack and a ground from the power input to the input sleeve. Distortion is great,but I got no bypass.

LED is on the board though,and it's dpdt not a 3pdt making it most confusing.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2013, 11:51:15 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on February 03, 2013, 11:38:52 PM
I posted this over at GCFX but I thought I would ask you guys also,I am having a dickens of a time with the off board wiring for this. Since it's not a 3pdt,Where does the ground wire from the dc plug go,where does the ground wire from the board go? When I do manage to get sound there's a hum along with it,sounds like a ground hum. And I got no bypass. This is pedal number 8 and I'm baffled. Here is what I was able to do. I have a ground from board the on each jack and a ground from the power input to the input sleeve. Distortion is great,but I got no bypass.

LED is on the board though,and it's dpdt not a 3pdt making it most confusing.

One of the wires going to the DPDT is connected directly to the LED's cathode. Whichever wire that is, it's going to a lug on the bottom of a "row." The center pole of that row is ground.

jimilee

Gotcha,thank you.What was confusing is none of the poles are conneted to the led on the switch,it's through a circuit. But I did find the ground,center lug left side. Now to figure out why I dpn't have a buffered bypass signal at all.