News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Circuit copper mojo

Started by icecycle66, January 30, 2013, 02:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

I think I'm going to start using PCBs and copper clad made with only North American copper mined from southeast Arizona.  

There are fewer natural copper imputrities there than in other places.  Arizona copper is considered sweet ore copper, rather than the sour ore copper pulled out of the more common and higher production Chilean and Peruvian mines.

The decreased need for purification in sweet ore copper reduces the manual manipulation of the copper. This keeps the natural conductivity loss down to a minimum.  The natural conductivity seems to be more durable, in terms of maintaining the initial current (signal) applied to the conductor in it s original form.

;D

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=14786275#post14786275

JakeFuzz

I heard single crystal gold over rhodium gives nice high end and enhances low even order harmonics.

pickdropper

If you go that route, you may want to invest in audiophile fuses for your equipment as well (yes, they exist).
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

eldanko

I love these threads simply for the posts of our boy culturejam (cj_wattage on TGP). Comedy gold.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

midwayfair

This was my favorite in the TGP post: "I think we've been meep-meeped."

I'm impressed by TGP that there was no one who seriously argued in favor of your position. Maybe things are improving over there.

GermanCdn

I can hook you up.  I build copper mining machines all over the world, and I know where all the sweet copper is (hint, it's not actually in Arizona, it's in Saskatchewan, that's why Jacob moved there).  And there's a super secret mine being developed in the mountains of Peru at elevation above Macchu Piccu which will deliver the purest sweet copper in the world.

Figured that was the appropriate extension of this hilarious thread.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

culturejam

Quote from: eldanko on January 30, 2013, 04:03:30 PM
I love these threads simply for the posts of our boy culturejam (cj_wattage on TGP). Comedy gold.

Thank you! I do try my best.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

RobA

I just picked up some germanium solder. Think it will help my circuit mojo?

http://www.nihonsuperior.co.jp/english/products/leadfree/sn100cseries/
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).