News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel question (depth & warmth)

Started by r4ndy, November 05, 2012, 02:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4ndy

After some debug (had the 9v on the battery lug) my pork barrel is working. The pedal sounds nice, but when I compare it to my real CE-2, the Pork Barrel is lacking some "warmth" and does not seem to have as deep of a chorus. I did not put on the deep or wet switches and have the vibe jumpered. Thinking I will add the deep switch to see if that helps. I bought my MN3007 on ebay, would a fake work, but not quite as good as a real one? Any other thoughts/suggestions to get closer to a CE-2?

Thanks

PimpMyTone

Hi , Im the owner of an original CE-2 too and I will probably build the pork barrel this week so i can compare them . I really doubt there are fakes mn3007 ( maybe refurbished one i dont know ... ) .

I think it s more a component type and value thing . For example in my CE-2 the transistors are 2sc1740 , 2sk30 and 2sc732 . And the diodes looks like 1s1588 . Also the caps seems to be "kp" (polypropylene) , I dont know if it makes any difference ....

I ll build mine and i ll tell you how it sounds compared  to my CE-2 .

Simon

juansolo

Wet needs jumpering also if you're not using the switch to add that cap back in. That should sort it. Certainly makes it indistinguishable from the v3 of the board anyhow when you do that.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

PimpMyTone

Quote from: r4ndy on November 05, 2012, 02:02:26 AM
After some debug (had the 9v on the battery lug) my pork barrel is working. The pedal sounds nice, but when I compare it to my real CE-2, the Pork Barrel is lacking some "warmth" and does not seem to have as deep of a chorus. I did not put on the deep or wet switches and have the vibe jumpered. Thinking I will add the deep switch to see if that helps. I bought my MN3007 on ebay, would a fake work, but not quite as good as a real one? Any other thoughts/suggestions to get closer to a CE-2?

Thanks

I have the same result , when i compare it to my original ce-2 .
Simon